Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cheesecake Brownies



Kitchen enthusiasts, welcome to another recipe from my Bake MS Campaign.   The Colorado Bike MS is on June 30. The good news is that I've raised $800 so far.  The bad news?   I have not gotten as much time in the saddle so far this spring compared to the other years I've done this event.    Today was a little cool and very overcast, but I couldn't come up with an excuse that would justify not getting on my bike.    My friend Sarah made a donation to my ride during lent when she had given up sweets.   And then I went to Greece.   Finally, the time was nigh to make sure that I baked her thank you gift!

What You Need

1 package fudge brownie mix (family size for a 13x9 pan - and the eggs, oil and water that the box calls for)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (to go in the brownie batter for additional chocolatey goodness)
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter/margarine, softened
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

drizzle:  1/2 cup chocolate chips and a drizzle of vegetable oil

What You Do

Preheat oven to 350.

Line your 13x9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.   Prepare brownie mix per box instructions, stir the 1/2 cup chocolate chips into the batter just for fun.   Spread brownie batter in the pan.   

Make the cheesecake layer by beating cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy.  Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.   Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.   Pour cheesecake mixture evenly over brownie batter.

Bake 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned.   Cool.

I chilled mine in the pan overnight and then sliced them up the next day.   To make the drizzle, combine the chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat on low until just melted.   Stir until smooth then drizzle away.   Store bars in the fridge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...