Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies


The Olympics are on!    On Saturday, I watched more TV in one day than I probably have in the past few months combined.   Swimming.  Gymnastics.  Road Racing.  Volleyball.   The stories of triumph and overcoming the odds.   I love it all. 

What goes better with international peace and harmony than Nutella?  Nothing.   As I've traveled, Nutella is a common presence - from Nutella croissants in Mexico to Nutella crepes at the Christmas markets in Germany and Switzerland.   I'm not sure what it is about the hazelnutty awesomeness, but I love it.   

Earlier this year when I was making treats for my Bake MS Campaign, I found this recipe and offered it as an option for a friend who wanted something with peanut butter.    She chose Homemade Snickers (another good choice), so I held onto this recipe for my own enjoyment. 

I found this recipe on Pass The Sushi.   Click over and check it out!

What You Need

1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter/margarine
3/4 cup peanut butter (My fave from King Soopers:  Crunchy Roasted Peanut and Honey)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup Nutella
1 teaspoon sea salt (for sprinkling)

What You Do

Preheat your oven to 350.   Put your silicone mats on your cookie sheets. 
Combine flour, soda and salt (top 3) in a medium bowl.

In a large mixing bowl mix butter, PB, and sugars until fluffy.   Add the egg and vanilla and combine.   Slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined.    Break out your spoon or rubber scraper/spatula.   Add the Nutella and fold it in gently.   You want to see the Nutella (in all its glory), not hide it in the cookie dough.    

Chill the dough for 15 minutes - either in the bowl or in a ball in plastic wrap.  

Roll dough into small balls (quarter size) and place on baking sheet.   Press down with a fork, peanut butter cookie style, and sprinkle with sea salt.    I made smaller cookies, 12 on a sheet, and a total of 48.  

Now you're ready to celebrate with the world.

Nutella.   Do you love it or leave it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...